- It is the utmost importance to determine your roof membrane type before applying Superior RV Liquid Roof Coating.
- HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR ROOF TYPE
- To determine which one you have, go inside the RV and unscrew the trim (garnish) under a ceiling vent and carefully remove it.
- This should expose a bit of the roof membrane as they typically fold it into the vent cavity and staple it to the sides of the hole when they build the trailer.
- Remove a staple and look underneath the rubber.
- If it is black underneath and white on top, it is EPDM.
- If it white on both sides, it is TPO.
- If it has an "orange peel texture" on top or a fabric backing DO NOT apply this product if it is a SUPERFLEX TPO or DIFLEX II roof membrane.
Products For: TPO, Fiberglass, Aluminum:
Products For: EPDM and Previously Coated Roofs
Check your owner’s manual or consult your RV dealer if you are in doubt.